2 tablespoons canola oil
3 gloves garlic, minced
½ medium onion, sliced thin
2 summer squash
2 tomatoes, sliced and quartered
½ cup of water
4-6 jiló (Brazilian eggplant), sliced and quartered pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic and onion and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add jiló and sautee for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add water, yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes.
5. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. (jiló should be tender and soft when poked by a fork).
6. Add pepper to taste.
7. Serve with rice, over pasta or by itself.