from Vegetarian Times
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Bring quinoa, salt, and 1.5 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Set aside, covered, 10 minutes.
2. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in separate saucepan. Add corn, and cook 1 minute. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Drain again. Stir together corn, tomatoes, cabbage, cucumber, and quinoa in bowl.
3. For the Dressing: Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth. Stir into Salad.
Serves 8. Enjoy!