Adapted by Farmer Dave’s from Cooking Light
- 1 pound broccoli raab, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 garlic scapes, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Cook broccoli raab in a large pot of boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bacon; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in onion, oregano, and red pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until onion begins to soften, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add chickpeas; sauté 1 minute. Stir in broccoli raab, salt, and black pepper; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, tossing to combine. Place about 1 1/2 cups chickpea mixture on each of 4 plates; shave 1/2 ounce cheese evenly over each serving.