For the Broth:
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small onion, one diced and one thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 boxes broth or stock of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
For the Soup (use any combination of ingredients that sound good to you):
- Ramen or udon noodles prepared according to package directions and rinsed under cold water
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 purple top turnip, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- Greenhouse greens (spinach, spicy mix, bok choi or tatsoi)
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Oyster mushrooms
- Poached egg
- Go crazy with garnishes. Chili sauce, lime juice, bean sprouts, ginger, spicy basil, cilantro, etc.
- In a large stock pot, saute garlic and diced onions in sesame and vegetable oil over a gentle heat until soft. Add carrots and saute for about 5 minutes. Add sliced onion and saute until translucent.
- Add stock and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, divvy up the noodles and assorted thinly sliced vegetables in warm bowls.
- Pour hot broth over noodles and vegetables. Add garnishes and serve.