Community Supported Agriculture in the Workplace
Provide a convenient benefit for your employees that supports a healthy lifestyle, and encourages overall wellness.
Farmer Dave’s is a local, diversified farm north of Boston that sustainably grows a myriad of fruit and vegetables.
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It is a weekly farm share of locally grown seasonal fruit and vegetables that a member, your employee, purchases for a season or multiple seasons. All of the produce is harvested at peak flavor and delivered to your workplace.
The Benefits of Belonging to a CSA:
- The food is grown within driving distance, lessening your carbon footprint.
- CSA members support a local farmer, who in turn provides jobs for the local community as well as partners with many hunger relief agencies, food banks and pantries.
- Eating seasonally with a CSA expands your palate, encourages you to try produce you may not normally gravitate towards and flex your cooking skills. Many supermarket varieties of produce are grown for how well those varieties withstand machine harvesting and shipping, rather than for their taste and nutrients.
- The value of a share. If you were to purchase the contents of your shares at a market,you would spend on average 20% to 50% more over the course of a season.
- Farmer Dave’s also accepts EBT/SNAP for CSA shares and offers payment plans.
- One of the most noticeable benefits is the fresh, delicious, nutrient rich produce you receive and knowing where it was grown and the people who are growing it for you.
Why bring a CSA to the workplace?
Many do not participate in a CSA because of a lack of time. How do they find time to get to a farmers market as well as picking up the kids, getting the kids to after school activities, cooking dinner then maybe, just maybe get to the gym themselves? By having a CSA delivered to the workplace, employees pick up their share on the way out of work and have the ingredients to make healthy meals at their fingertips. The freshness and flavor of the produce lends itself to simple preparation of meals.
Become an ally in the health of your employees and their families.
Are you interested in becoming a CSA pick-up for your employees?
Contact Stacey Robert at Farmer Dave’s for more information.
email@example.com or 978-349-1952